Friday, May 6, 2011

What's new pussy cat? Errr should I say puppy dog?

Recently my husband asked me if I still blog. I said occasionally, if I have something to blog about. Obviously that was a lie, because it is hardly possible that I have had nothing to say in the last 6 1/2 months. I didn't realize it's been that long.

Truth be told, a lot has happened. I got re-certified as a home health aide, I got certified as a medication aide, I worked at an assisted living facility for 2 months or so (something I swore I'd never do again), I graduated school and opened my own massage therapy office, and most recently I was hired full time by a local chiropractor as a massage therapist.

There is probably more I am missing, a great memory is something I lack. Back to my latest adventure. I interviewed for a position as a massage therapist in a chiropractor's office early last week. I was more nervous than I have ever been on an interview, because massage therapists are routinely asked to do a massage on their interviewer so they can see what type of therapist one is. Nervous probably isn't even a good word to describe how I felt. I interviewed though, did a massage and apparently he liked it because I was hired on the spot. Yipppeee!

Really working for someone as a massage therapist is not my ideal situation, but building clientele in my own office is proving to be quite tough. This is a nice office, seems laid back, close to home, two doctors, a friendly office staff, and also another massage therapist, oddly enough named Molly. Molly & Holly. Funny stuff.

Yesterday I passed by the office and noticed there was a new sign up for what was going in next door to it. The office is located in a strip mall and although I knew something new was opening there, I had no idea what. In big bright red letters it said "GROOMING." I looked at my husband and said I hope they mean human grooming and laughed because grooming is an odd choice of words to use. Well the pictures of dogs all over the plate glass windows of the place quickly told me that what I hoped for was all wrong. Dog grooming. Next door to a doctor's office is bad enough. Dog grooming next door to a doctor's office where they do massages. NO! NO! NO! And I share a wall with this new dog grooming shop. NO!!!!!!! I don't know how this is going to work, I don't understand it, don't the people who lease there have some sort of clause that states they will not lease to any business which may interrupt existing businesses?

I start there on Monday. The dog grooming place looks like they will be up and running in a couple weeks if that. I am hoping for the best and completely expecting the absolute worst.

25 comments:

Pembe Maske Yorumları said...

thanks my friend..

Keep It Real said...

why would that interupt your businees if the dog grooming bussiness opens up i am confused

Business logo design said...

This is great and just i have been looking for.
Thanks for sharing this nice post.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing dog barking is not condusive to relaxing massage atmosphere.

Angela said...

Just read your section labled "A Little About Me." Sounds just like me too! Exactly! Oh, why do men marry us fruity women? It must be because we're so beautiful and irresistable. And we are! Mmmm!

wine bags said...

This is one good process to follow.

kamagra oral jelly said...

Interesting blog post..I enjoy the reading.Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

hi

Mariana said...

I hope everything goes well:) i like your blog very pretty and pink:)

Unknown said...

It's very beautiful blog, I'm happy to visit your blog,
eczema home remedy
regards..

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, can heart disease be reversed really hope to be your friends

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. interesting.

Anonymous said...

Six Tory Burch Boots designers take Miss Li Jiaxin as the inspiration goddesses, used Shi Hualuo the world singular element to design a unique clothing respectively specially, dressed the demonstration by Miss Li Jiaxin and take on-line auction way as the Hong Kong JMJ child Charitable foundation Tory Burch Flats,Tory Burch Sandals raises funds. Relies on the fellow participants on the Internet the widespread popularity and the huge influence, on-line platform huge permeability; Through the public relations media's interaction, "glitters 7X1" to obtain the community the support vigorously and donates generously Tory Burch Flip Flops.

akal0426 said...

ihavealreadycome9
페루방송
This is good news.

reginag said...

Pretty interesting!
az medical marijuana doctor

Unknown said...

India Tours How To success business.

Anonymous said...

You should check this out, it's pretty funny!

http://superflysdaliyrant.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hey

you are interesting on making easy money online

http://megamoneys.blogspot.de/

Accessory Designer said...

this post is really nice , you share this that why we learn like this . I am an ordinary Accessory Designer and I am thankful to you for this kind of informative post.
thanks for sharing

Accessory Designer said...

this post is really nice , you share this that why we learn like this . I am an ordinary Accessory Designer and I am thankful to you for this kind of informative post.
thanks for sharing

Dr.Murat Enoz, MD - ENT Doctor said...

Not upload content to your blog for a long time.
Greetings.
Burun Estetiği

Anonimo said...

hey good job! i usually read your blog and it is so interesting!

como se crea la cal

Unknown said...

Excellent blog & its stuff...keep it up...Tender Dekho provides you best & Complete list of Tenders in Delhi, Tenders in India, Government tenders, Private Sector tenders, Corporate Tender, and also provides tender Subscription facilities.
Thanks

Unknown said...

مؤسسة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركات نقل اثاث
نقل اثاث رخيص
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
نقل عفش داخل الرياض
شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات
شركة تنظيف خزانات
شركة تسليك مجارى
شركة رش مبيد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.