Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goodbye




Goodbyes are hard. But I have learned through my pets sometimes goodbyes break your heart as well. It became time to say goodbye to Reagan recently. Maybe some of you will remember Meet Reagan. Reagan was a very special cat. He purred so loud. Loved laser lights. Loved crawling under covers and napping. Loved trying to knock a book out of my hands when I was reading and not paying attention to him. Loved sitting in front of the fish tank trying to catch the fish through the glass. Reagan was just plain and simply loved! Surprisingly the people at the shelter remembered him a year later. He was that special.

Being honest with myself for a moment I am not sure if I ever want another pet. (Yes we still have 2 dogs and another cat) Having pets means letting go, and it hurts, A LOT! Watching my kid's sadness is probably the hardest part. Amber takes it all especially hard. I don't know.

Goodbye Reagan, we loved you, I knew what we were up against when I adopted you as an older cat at the shelter and I just hope we hope we gave you an awesome last year of your life.

8 comments:

Carla said...

omg that's really sad. I have a dog, her name is Lady, and I hope she'll never go away.. Actually I don't like to think about that, but sometimes comes to my mind and I can't avoid those thoughts about nothing's forever or something like that... So sometimes I start crying, and its sooo baaaddd!!!
Hey, by the way Im from Brasil and I dont know how I found your blog hahaha, pretty weird.
Check mine, but its in portuguese :x
Hope you read this comment..
Kisses, Carla

aesh said...

Hey Holly..
the way u fondly remember ur cat Reagan..reminds me of my feelings of partition with my cats..we used to have many..and now..none.. any pet..any animal is a cherished member of the family .. attachment is the sole cause of pain..
Learn to let go...!!

Anonymous said...

i had 4cats when i was young..and all died in a same years..cause of dead unknown... we were so close..i spent most of my time with my cats rather than with my friends and siblings.. losing them all together ripped my heart so bad, i still cry whenever i think about them.. they r irreplaceable.. i miss them so much..

Colleen said...

Sorry for Reagan. I have also a cat her name is White I don't want to think that someday she will die. That's the most difficult to happen in my life.

Seattle Homes

Local Internet Marketing said...

so sorry,that is the difficult times when you have a pet,it's really hard to accept..




Rifle Scopes
House Cleaning RI
American Flags

chic Gucci shirts said...

old cat!

Keep It Real said...

it was sad about your cat Reagan but it shows by your words that you cared for her and loved her as long as she lived and gave her a great home

pertiqya said...

so nice blog